Program planners, group leaders, parents, and teachers: this page features program activities and games to help young people better understand the workings of their government and the roles that women play in the process, and exercises to enhance the capacity of girls and young women for public leadership.
Some of these activities were developed by CAWP, and others come from our allied organizations around the country.
Know of a resource we should include? Send us a message.
- Statehouse Tour with a Gender Lens
- Scavenger Hunt: Women’s Political History
- Jeopardy!® Game: Women’s Political History
- Word Search: Women in Congress
- Future Legislators Mini-Camp (Girl Scouts of Utah)
- Take Your Daughter to the Capitol Day (Women’s Leadership Initiative of the Carl Albert Center, University of Oklahoma)
- Empower Your Daughter Discussion Guides (IGNITE)
- Start A College Chapter of IGNITE
As part of it’s #DeclareYourAmbition campaign, IGNITE launched this video to inspire more girls to run for office!